Friday, February 08, 2013

2 Months After Stem Cell Transplant



Hali Williams Drawing for Buck, originally uploaded by Buck Cash.
It's been about 2 months since my stem cell transplant, and about 6 weeks now since I updated you all here.

Things seem to be going VERY well, as far as I can tell. In that time, I've had a couple of check-ups with Karmanos and a couple more in Petoskey with Rene. Each one looks better than the last, and I feel better all the time.

For the first few weeks after the transplant, I was pretty weak and nauseous all the time. Had trouble keeping a lot of stuff down and the various meds they gave me to help with that just didn't seem to be doing the trick.

Over time though, that all improved, and I haven't felt sick to my stomach in probably about a month now. My appetite is great. I was on a "no salad and no egg yolks" diet again, but got the all clear that I can eat anything I want again from Dr. V. at my checkup at Karmanos this past Wednesday.

Still bald, but my facial hair has begun to grow back. The only meds I'm on now are 800mg of Acyclovir twice per day to help prevent shingles. I'll be on them for about a year, I'm told. I've got a little rash on my left waist, and the doc said to keep an eye on it and point it out to Rene when I see her next week.

I've got an appointment with Rene for 2-13-13, next Wednesday at 9:AM. I've got another appointment 2 weeks later,on 2-27-13 at 1:10 PM for labs, then 2:10 PM with Dr. Hassan.

In May, I'll get another PET Scan, then back to Karmanos in June for my next checkup from Dr. V.

All in all, everything's looking peachy!! :)

The drawing for this blog entry was made for me as a special get well card from the very talented Hali Williams while I was getting my stem cell transplant at Karmanos. I'm very thankful to have gotten it from her. It really means a lot to know that folks out there care so much to do something like that for me.

Her brother Jordan sent me some very funny jokes to cheer me up as well, and that was great too! Here's one that cracked me up:

Q: What's big, white and lives in the Sahara Desert?
A: A lost polar bear!

Thanks again to Hali, Jordan, and to all of you out there who are pulling for me!

1 Comments:

At December 06, 2013 5:48 AM, Blogger Black Smith said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home