Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The Day Before RICE Chemo


Yellow Flower 2040, originally uploaded by Buck Cash.

Went in for a follow-up visit with the infectious disease doctor today about the bug I had in my colon that put me in the hospital last time. He put me on a new med for the next month and said everything's looking good.

Also got labs today and saw Practioning Nurse Rene about the next steps. I'll be admitted to the hospital for a few days starting tomorrow morning to do my next round of chemo: RICE. All my counts and everything looked good, though protein was just a little low. More STEAK!!!

One or two RICE chemo treatments to go, and then I should be about ready for my bone marrow transplant at Karmonos, which will mean about a 3 month stay in the Detroit area while that's going on.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home