Friday, June 13, 2008

Cedar Rapids Underwater


Flooded Road 0029, originally uploaded by Buck Cash.

By now most people who are paying any attention know that Cedar Rapids, Iowa is underwater since it's all over the national news. Last I heard it had already beat the record around here by 6 feet and was still on the rise.

It's got traffic messed up, folks have had to evacuate and find shelter, there are tractor trailers floating down the river that used to be the street. There was a joke on the news last night: "How do you know when you're in Iowa? You encounter carp as road-kill."

So, it's a real mess here, but I'm high and dry at the motel and, other than a power outage yesterday for a few hours, no real problems for me personally. The photo is a shot through the front windshield as we got to a road that's washed out and had to turn around and find another route. There's a lot of that going on right now around town.

I hope to get some better photos. This was on the move, so it's not the best, but I was busy at work.

I'll catch up more in a few days when I've got a few more photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home