Thursday, September 16, 2004

Blogster?

It's all the rage. Blogging, that is. So here I am, giving it a try. And what will I talk about? Well, I suppose I'll talk about my cancer, politics, religion... Basically anything I'm probably not supposed to talk about. And then there's all the other stuff that bumps around in my head, like photography, cartooning, music, and so on. We'll just have to see how it goes, I suppose.

I've actually been thinking about using blogging software for awhile now. See, I keep a journal online at my regular web site about what's going on with my cancer. It keeps friends and family updated, so I don't have to repeat it all over and over to each of them over the phone or in emails. All they have to do is click a couple of times, and they get all the latest news about how I'm doing.

The thing is, it's getting to be a pain to keep it up using HTML to make a new page each time, update the links, etc. It's basically just a cancer blog anyway, so it seemed the natural thing to switch to a blog program eventually to deal with it in a quick, easy way when I've got something to say.

Once I realized that would be a simple solution, I sniffed around on the net looking for some blogging software I could use on my site to make it easy on me. Most of what I found involved PHP, and I didn't really want to get into that for a couple of reasons that are pretty irrelevant here. Suffice it to say, I just put it off until I could find another way to deal with it. I'm thinking this will do the trick nicely. Leave it to Google...

So, here's the cancer update:

I went to see the doctor again this past Monday, September 13th, 2004. I got my blood drawn, as usual, and then he gave me the usual examination. He pronounced me fit as a fiddle and said, "Seeya in three months." That was pretty much what I expected, but it's always good to hear it. So, I'm good to go again. No worries. Back to living life. ;>)

Not much more to say about it than that. I feel great!

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2004 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Buck
Love your pic of the Golden Gate. Wish I was there again. I know I should have not done this anonymously but I'm too old too learn all these newfangled things.
Love ya,
Mom

 
At January 25, 2008 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Free Guitar Lesson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home